Burns

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Burns

So I was wondering what kind of burns you guys were averaging now.

Also what you were using to achieve those numbers (what vets, glyphs, discs and group make ups).

I'm trying to figure out what a reasonable expectation is for my brother and I as we try to put some numbers out.

What roll does seventh play in the higher parses.

Basically Im looking for a realistic average burn number for a necro without seventh.

btw Im asking cause my necro is my main now >.<

Comment

I've see Khilara do 15k dps at raid, so you might want to shoot for that. Ask him, but I think his best is as high as 25k at times. I assume you will need max focus, all Rk IIIs, 7th, and glyph to hit those numbers.

Obviously you want a bard in group. Mana Reiterate Rk III is nice also because you are going to be casting every 3-4 seconds to maintain a 12 dot rotation. 1500-4000 nuke on top of every cast adds up. Only prob with an ench is that MR blocks Reluctant Benevolence, and you will need to pop Death Bloom every time it is up to maintain mana. Better have a healer who is ready for you to DB.

My gear is pretty shit, but I do know how to play. I have 80 magic, 60 fire, 60 poison focus and only 1 RK III spell. I'm doing 5-8k sustained depending on the length of fight. That's no glyph and no 7th. I have 7th but imo it's not something you factor into average dps due the reuse time.
      Last edited by Retrievil; 06-28-2010, 10:03 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Poisonwaters View Post
        So I was wondering what kind of burns you guys were averaging now.

Also what you were using to achieve those numbers (what vets, glyphs, discs and group make ups).

I'm trying to figure out what a reasonable expectation is for my brother and I as we try to put some numbers out.

What roll does seventh play in the higher parses.

Basically Im looking for a realistic average burn number for a necro without seventh.
        -coa robe from OMM (wos version lasts half as long, difference is noticeable)
        -UF robe
        -3rd spire
        -Glyph (of destruction 99% of the time)
        -7th vet AA
        -Fire proc potion (procs on casting fire-based spells)
        -two dmg procing augs that proc when spells are cast
        -10 dot rotation, exigency and lifetap (5 highest dmg 30 sec duration dots, two 42 sec poison dots, then 3 longer duration fire dots- 54 sec to 1 min 24 sec)
        -tower-level raid focuses to poison, fire, and magic
        -epic 2.0
        -random clicky dmg items (mainly the hot robe from arcstone, I think that's where it's from)

ADPS from bards
        -aria of the poet (rk3)
        -epic click
        -fierce eye

If the fight is anticipated to be longer than 2 mins, I start by casting highest dmg dots on down to lowest dmg dots. Click 3rd spire, Glyph, coa robe, UF robe; toss in exigency nuke if time permits, then recast dots. When robe wears off, click 7th. Hopefully have asked bard to save epic, then have him click epic after 7th, then click FE. Continue to recast dots and nuke time permitting. Wait for fight to end.

With all of that, I can hit roughly 16K average DPS on some fights. That goes down a good bit w/out a bard.

Comment

This is all extensively discussed in the Subcribers Lounge. You might want to check it out. Some very good tips and tweaks to DPS including parses and what to shoot for.
          Solithan

Comment

Pretty much what most others said, if you want big numbers you need bard and glyphs on top of all the regular necro toys.

Originally posted by Ragginbane View Post
            snip***
            -10 dot rotation, exigency and lifetap (5 highest dmg 30 sec duration dots, two 42 sec poison dots, then 3 longer duration fire dots- 54 sec to 1 min 24 sec)
            Ideally you want to run 12 dots if you can. Or 11 and extingency for those that like the EfB proc chance. It all depends on your group makeup and the event but rarely does a necro need to keep a tap up these day if they utilize their other tools.

Comment

Originally posted by Ragginbane View Post
              -coa robe from OMM (wos version lasts half as long, difference is noticeable)
              -UF robe
              -3rd spire
              -Glyph (of destruction 99% of the time) cataclysm, not destruction
              -7th vet AA
              -Fire proc potion (procs on casting fire-based spells)
              -two dmg procing augs that proc when spells are cast if you really want you can, but these were parsed at under 100 dps with 4 in... I personally wear 2 mana backs atm b/c of how powerful they are.
              -10 dot rotation, exigency and lifetap (5 highest dmg 30 sec duration dots, two 42 sec poison dots, then 3 longer duration fire dots- 54 sec to 1 min 24 sec) 12 is a much better idea and higher dps avg if you can do it
              -tower-level raid focuses to poison, fire, and magic
              -epic 2.0
              -random clicky dmg items (mainly the hot robe from arcstone, I think that's where it's from)

ADPS from bards
              -aria of the poet (rk3)
              -epic click
              -fierce eye

If the fight is anticipated to be longer than 2 mins, I start by casting highest dmg dots on down to lowest dmg dots. Click 3rd spire, Glyph, coa robe, UF robe; toss in exigency nuke if time permits, then recast dots. When robe wears off, click 7th. Hopefully have asked bard to save epic, then have him click epic after 7th, then click FE. Continue to recast dots and nuke time permitting. Wait for fight to end.

With all of that, I can hit roughly 16K average DPS on some fights. That goes down a good bit w/out a bard.For what fight duration? I'm guessing you mean around 2 minutes here?
              Solithan hit it on the nose. Single target and raid target burns are discussed pretty heavily in the subscriber section with parses to boot.

Comment

What are subscribers paying now? I just came off unemployment for 6 months so cash is still a little tight but I'd love to access the info.

Comment

nvm 22 dollars a year - right there on the front page /facepalm

Comment

Originally posted by Vanlor View Post
                    Solithan hit it on the nose. Single target and raid target burns are discussed pretty heavily in the subscriber section with parses to boot.
                    Hrm, can't figure out how to show your inline comments.

Yeah, was focused on fights that last 2-3 minute range.

I haven't given up my lifetap yet, too often I'm grouped with a chanter and RB gets blocked. I suppose I could block the chanter spell/aura that conflicts but I actually like it some times. I also forget to create orbs almost always.

I use Destruction glyph not cataclysm because I can't justify 5 AA yet/glyph yet. My non-raid time is down and keeping 3AA banked for it is easier for me atm.

I always wondered if dropping exigency for another dot was the way to go. Maybe I'll suscribe if there are discussions where people have compared the effect of dropping it for another dot.

Comment

Well thanks for teh info guys. I tried him out and found after three days of raiding I couldnt stand to play him haha.

tbh I think im just missing too many of the tools that make necros so great.

I think I'm going back to the sk, maybe some day in the future Ill come back to him but for now I'll stick to what I know.

Thanks for all the info, appreciate it much, definately going to help my group burns anyway!

-tony

Comment

Originally posted by Poisonwaters View Post
                        Well thanks for teh info guys. I tried him out and found after three days of raiding I couldnt stand to play him haha.

tbh I think im just missing too many of the tools that make necros so great.

I think I'm going back to the sk, maybe some day in the future Ill come back to him but for now I'll stick to what I know.

Thanks for all the info, appreciate it much, definately going to help my group burns anyway!

-tony
                        I once made an alt necro on my second account, so I could play something else on my main account and still have a necro... it didn't work, I couldn't stand the second necro, I didn't have the right spells or gear or levels, things that I'd gotten used to having.

Comment

yes the robe is from arcstone, with a 7 min refresh, or you could go to TOB and get the one off of mistress of malady, which has a 3.5 min recast. I spent half a week in there every 12 hrs killing the phs and the named to get my drop, easy with em8 pet and cleric merc

Comment

Did you switch servers? I haven't seen your funny mistells in general chat lately I have pretty bad gear compared to yours, but the more AAs I get, the more things I can do (and less deaths!). Hehe but SKs are fun, I miss mine, may get that account going again as soon as I can.

Comment

Originally posted by tibirius View Post
                              yes the robe is from arcstone, with a 7 min refresh, or you could go to TOB and get the one off of mistress of malady, which has a 3.5 min recast. I spent half a week in there every 12 hrs killing the phs and the named to get my drop, easy with em8 pet and cleric merc
                              I have the group one, but was wondering if there is a general area to find or camp the one in ToB? I can't find the bish up, and there isn't much info where she pops, located etc.

Any help appreciated =)
                              Feellia Vuktepis

Comment

Working...
                              X